Diabetes is the condition in which glucose levels in the blood rise too high as the body is unable to use it properly. Insulin is the hormone that is responsible for converting sugar into food for the cells in the body and when the body cannot either make or use insulin properly, diabetes happens.
High blood pressure or hypertension occurs when the blood pumping through heart and blood vessels is forceful rather than a rhythmic flow. Continuous high blood pressure can result in tiring the heart muscle and leaving it to be enlarged. High blood pressure does harm by increasing the workload of the heart and the blood vessels.
What Is The Link Between Diabetes and High Blood Pressure?
- Diabetes and high blood pressure can cause a lot of harm to the body by creating complications in the already existing conditions like worsening the diabetic eye disease or kidney dysfunction. People who have diabetes will end up having high blood pressure as well.
- The combination of high blood pressure and type-2 diabetes is proved to be lethal and it may result in a heart attack or stroke.
- The chances of getting diabetes-related diseases like kidney failure or retinopathy are high when a person has both high blood pressure and diabetes. In which diabetic retinopathy can even cause blindness.
- Diabetes can also give birth to a condition called atherosclerosis, in which fat or cholesterol builds up in the blood vessels narrowing them and forming pressure in the flow of blood through them. This puts feet, eyes, and heart at serious risk.
- Studies show that chronic blood pressure can make rapid progress in the diseases in order, mainly associated with aging like Alzheimer’s disease or Dementia.
- A woman going suffering from gestation diabetes is likely to have high blood pressure also. The doctor will do a urinalysis as well, to check if there is any sign of pre-eclampsia, by detecting high protein levels in the urine.
The Risk Factors That Allow High Blood Pressure And Diabetes To Happen Together Are –
- Oxidative stress
- Insulin resistance
- Any kind of inflammation
What Are The Ways To Prevent Hypertension With Diabetes?
Burn Some Calories
Doctors say if you have high blood pressure along with diabetes, then you need to maintain your ideal body weight because obesity can lead to some serious or chronic conditions. Exercise for some time, if you cannot exercise, then walk as brisk walking helps as well. If you don’t have time to walk, then take stairs rather than elevators.
Add Natural and Fresh Food in your Diet
It is important to keep monitoring your diet if you have diabetes and hypertension. Switch to fresh and natural foods from processed food.
Reduce the Salt Intake
As sodium or salt plays an important role in raising the blood pressure, it is best to switch to pink Himalayan salt and take off iodized salt from your diet. It is better to be on a low-sodium or no-sodium diet.
Take Medication on Time
No matter what happens, never forget to take your medicines because it can lead to some serious health issues as rapid hypertension and it can attack any organ in that state.
The Mantra to follow when you are a patient of both hypertension and diabetes is to get a diabetes test and blood pressure checked more frequently. A regular blood test can save you from some pretty serious health-related issues. Medszoo.com offers ample services to keep you aware as well as healthy with regular health check-up plans.
Medszoo is a trusted best online medical supply store. PAN India home delivery of 100% authentic medicines with flat 20% off from India’s largest trusted online pharmacy. Order prescription/OTC medicines online. Cash on Delivery available.